We went back to Huber's this past weekend to pick more berries. This time, it was raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. We got a little more than a pound of each, which means I am in berry HEAVEN. My favorite thing is to just eat them plain. I've also sprinkled them on my cereal. I'm not planning on cooking with them, other than blueberry muffins, because I think cooked fresh berries is just a waste -- that's what I have frozen ones for, to mutilate and stew down into mush for desserts. I have minor plans to make a fruit tart, but that doesn't really count as cooking, since the fresh fruit is just piled on top.
Of note is that the high school girl checking us out at the farm market was making googly eyes at Eric, causing her to charge me twice for the blueberries and costing me an extra $3.66, but I didn't realize it until we got home. Damn bitch. Eric also got hit on last week by email after seeing a woman at the city council meeting who found him enchanting. Come on, ladies -- I KNOW he's hot, but that doesn't mean you have to actually pursue him! If this doesn't stop, I'm going to be getting into a lot of catfights.
I had a meeting this morning with my research advisor. I haven't done anything in months (I can't remember if I've mentioned it here before, but it's OK because I'm waiting for someone else to do HIS work before I can do mine), and I needed to be able to report having done at least SOMETHING, so yesterday I met with the slacker guy I'm waiting on to get his update and this morning I woke up early to review a few articles I hadn't read yet. Yay for deadlines. Without them, my life would be a complete shambles.
Three days until the anniversary of my move out here. Three weeks until school starts again. Three years until I graduate. Three decades until I pay off all of my student loans. Wow, that was unintentionally quickly depressing. I'd better go enjoy my afternoon -- free ones are running low!
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Clearly the women are clawing all over Eric because he's probably one of the few men with a full set of teeth in the state. Just sayin'.
Must have gotten that animal magnetism from my side of the family. I often get the skeevy produce people hitting on me, too.
Post a Comment