Confident students do worse in math
Interesting. I always hated math, despite being above average in it -- at least, until calculus and the senior slump hit. I took AP BC Calc on a pass/fail basis, relishing the ability to squeak by with what probably amounted to a D- average, since we only needed three years of math to graduate high school. I took the AP test, managed to pull a good enough grade out of my ass to place out of college calc, and haven't touched math since. Thank goodness doctors don't need to know much more than simple arithmetic!
Project Runway -- I can't believe Jeffrey won. What a wacko. I apparently have no fashion sense whatsoever, because I don't see anything innovative, interesting, or appealing about his designs. I was rooting for Michael the whole time, but I agree that his Bryant Park collection fell short. I really liked Laura's collection, and I think she's very marketable, but I suppose for the competition she has a limited range. Uli had a great collection, but I guess they chose Jeffrey because he had a good collection (so they say) and had done well throughout the competition. Too bad he's an ass. Around his family he seems like such a nice guy, but as soon as his son is more than 100 yards away, he turns back into a huge prick. In addition to the $100,000 to start his own line, he won a mentorship with INC, which doesn't seem to fit him at all. INC is a huge line carried by Macys -- I don't see Jeffrey meshing with Macys very well at all. Oh well, at least my Wednesday nights are freed up a little bit -- now I only have to watch one show instead of two while trying to study for my Thursday quizzes.
Speaking of which, Lost was pretty good last night, I thought. I liked that they finally went back to the creepy island storyline, although the sudden, unexplained, and completely accepted appearance of another polar bear seemed odd. I thought Eko was going to have been captured by that weird black smoke monster thing. And another weird thing about the hatch implosion (besides the fact that the three men were not imploded along with it) -- apparently it wiped out any reason for a button to be pushed? Was the electromagnetic force not a natural occurrence to begin with, or was it all created for the purposes of the Dharma Initiative so that the button had a reason to be pushed?
Finally, two videos stolen from my friend Dora's blog. She finds such cool stuff.
First, a video from Harvard showing the inner processes of a white blood cell. So fascinating.
The Inner Life of the Cell
Second, a video by Dove showing the evolution of a model from un-madeup to billboard, in 60 seconds. Crazy. If I had a makeup artist and hair stylist working on me every day, I'm sure I'd look gorgeous, too -- no Photoshop needed, even. Dove Evolution
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That explains my inability to add.
Post a Comment