Study: Girls equal to boys in math skills
That's right.
And yes, despite my continued (and embarrassing) inability to oftentimes perform simple arithmetic in my head -- or at times, even on paper -- I did just fine in calculus, and placed out of college math with my AP scores. Could I have gone farther? Sure. Would I have? Hell no -- but that's out of my own laziness and interest, and nothing more.
My biggest beef with the article? The last two sentences:
Yeah, last time I checked, a "baby doctor" is a pediatrician, and both "baby doctors" and veterinarians took advanced math classes to get where they are today. Math isn't limited to technology and engineering."Back in 1992, Barbie stopped saying math was hard after Mattel received complaints from, among others, the American Association of University Women.
So far, while her current career choices include baby doctor and veterinarian -- and Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, too -- Barbie has not branched out into technology or engineering."
No comments:
Post a Comment