Happy Birthday to me! I have confirmed with multiple people that 26 is still considered to be part of the mid-twenties, so I have chosen to celebrate. We had a very nice Valentine's/Birthday dinner at Primo last Wednesday, and I was pretty impressed with the place. It looks like it should be more expensive than it actually is, which is always a good thing. I'll add it to the list of special occasion places. (In reality, for most people it would probably be on the "slightly nice but not special occasion" list, but I'm not that rich.)
Last week we also drew our tracks for third year. I had a decent lottery number, in the top third, and I ended up with my first pick with my friend David. I start with OB/Gyn in June, then move on to surgery, then pediatrics to finish out the fall. In the spring semester I start with internal medicine, then psychiatry, and finish with family medicine. I think it's a pretty good track, and I shouldn't have a problem getting off for a wedding I'm in in April. However, I just found out today that we have a wedding in September to go to (Congratulations to Becky and Kevin!) and I'll be on surgery, which doesn't bode well, but hopefully I'll be able to sneak away for a weekend. Make that 6 weddings to attend in 2007...
I've also decided that when I do my rural rotation during family medicine, that I will request a location in southeastern KY, as close to the VA border and Abingdon as possible. That way I can go visit Eric's sister and her family on the weekends. There's pretty much no hope of staying near Louisville, so I figure I'll go to the next best place and get a real rural experience out of it at the same time. Plus, everyone else I know has spent a significant portion of time in Appalachia, so maybe I should as well.
Speaking of Abingdon, we just got back from a weekend trip there to help Paige and Brian move into their new place. Abingdon is a cute little town and they have a great house, and I'm happy they'll be slightly closer to us for the next couple years. Plus they have a baby, so how could that be bad?!
This weekend is the Colorado trip, for which I am not at all prepared. We need to give a report on a leadership book, and all I've managed to do is to check out a few books from the library. Haven't picked one to actually read, let alone start reading it. Oops. We'll see how fast a reader I really am by Saturday!
In other news, we noticed that NBC was promo-ing "The Black Donnellys" for the "Studio 60" spot next week, so some Googling turned up this: NBC yanks Aaron Sorkin's 'Studio 60'. Boo. Boooooooooo. Hopefully the story is correct in that they will air the rest of the shows sometime in the spring or summer. There's so much story to wrap up! I wanted to see what the outcome of the FCC fine was going to be. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. What a disappointing end to an otherwise-good show. I shrieked when the baby's head was chopped off and again when it exploded at Jordan. Argh. I don't even know what else to say about this other than it sucks and I'm mad.
I never do this, but since I already talked about one TV show, I might as well do them all:
-Scrubs: Last week's episode brought back some of the original type of humor, which I greatly appreciated. However, they did keep pronouncing the "vaso" in "vasovagal" with a short "a," which bugged me.
-Grey's Anatomy: I really hate this triplet of episodes about the ferry crash. It's obviously supposed to be a big deal, a real tragedy, but the acting is just awful. There's no energy there at ALL. BO-RING. And it's not even exciting or nail-biting-inducing to have Meredith "die." Give me a break. In general, I'm getting tired of this bizarre hospital where time doesn't move forward (they've been interns for how many seasons now?), where the only interns in the place are surgical and therefore work EVERYWHERE, including the ER, and where Meredith-the-rexy-bobcat-bad-actor is so melodramatic and needy. Ugh. (Like my use of "rexy bobcat" there? That's Julie's affectionate term for anorexic chicks.)
-ER: Good episode. I was amused by the "save the cheerleader save the world" plug by Dubenko. I'm glad Neela did the right thing and reported the bad transplant donation, and I'm also glad that things finally got weird enough for her with Gates that she appears to have made the decision to end things with him. He's a good guy, but I don't think he's right for her. I like Neela and Ray a little better.
Now back to pharmacology.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can we do some kind of "Save Studio 60" campaign? I think it stinks that something with that kind of potential gets pulled and we have idiocy like "Deal or No Deal" ad nauseum.
I totally agree with you about Neela - liked her MUCH better with Ray. And how about the weird dominatrix thing with Jane and that whack job surgeon? Ick.
Grey's Anatomy is, I think, teetering on the brink of disaster. They should go back to doing what they best and avoid the shlocky "disaster" scenario. Every hospital show has them - the best was the ER when Abby got that person out of that bus just before it fell -THAT was nail-biting. GA isn't doing it well and I don't think that cast is suited for it.
Happy Belated! Enjoy Colorado!
Post a Comment