Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spring!

I know Mother Nature is just toying with me, but that's OK for right now. I had a long call night last night, and got out post-call around noon. It was 60 degrees and bright and sunny. I ran some errands this afternoon, and it just got sunnier and warmer. Right now it's cooled down and weather.com still tells me it's 66. Beautiful!

As I pulled into a parking spot this afternoon, the opening strains of Journey's Don't Stop Believing came on the radio, and I pulled right back out of the parking spot and drove around the shopping center singing until the song was over. It was that kind of day :)

And guess what -- tomorrow's my day off for the week and the projected high is 65! I foresee studying at a sidewalk cafe in my future.

I don't think I've talked about MICU yet. I really, really like it. The patients are really sick and complex, but there are very clear things you need to do for them. It's fast-paced and decisive. In that way, it reminds me of ER medicine, but the good thing is that even when you do have to deal with drunks and drug addicts, they are for the most part intubated and can't berate you the way they do down in the ER. Oh yeah, and did I mention I put in a central line the other night? That was completely and totally awesome.

As for now, it's time for a post-call nap/sleep.

No comments: