Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Two random comments

1. Whad'Ya Know is coming to Louisville next month. At the Brown Theater, right next door to us -- it's the ultimate in downtown city living, being able to walk down the block to a performance. The cheapest tickets are $30, which doesn't sound too bad, but here's why money's funny: If you ask me if I have $30 to go to the show, I'd say yes. If you ask E if he has $30 to go to the show, he's probably say yes. But if you ask US if WE have $60 to go to the show, we say no. That's how plane tickets work, too: I have $150 to fly home and back (reasonable), and he has $150 to fly home and back, but WE do not have $300 to both fly home and back, so we drive. Blech. I guess that's a good lesson to be prepared for when marriage comes around. Anyway, I'm still trying to decide if the nosebleed balcony seats we'd get for $30 would even give us the chance to participate.

2. Blogger now lets you subscribe to comment conversations! When you post a comment on someone's blog entry, just click the box that asks you if you want to be notified by email if someone else leaves a comment. You have to be signed in with your Blogger account, etc. Awesome! No more checking back to every single post you're interested in to see if someone else has said something -- all comments delivered right to your inbox!

2 comments:

BookBabe said...

I would TOTALLY go to Whad'Ya Know? We decided long ago to invest in experiences rather than things - trips and shows instead of expensive clothes, jewelry, and high-end electronics. Do it.

Holly Cummings said...

Well, I obviously choose good experiences over expensive clothes, jewelry and high-end electronics. But regular clothes and normal electronics? Well, we don't need any right now, so that's OK. How about groceries, car repairs, and health bills? Tougher choice. Still, I'm thinking about it.